- I have been in search of the perfect nude lipstick for quite a while. Nude is such a versatile color, but also hard to get just right. I really want that perfect nude that is almost the same color as my skin, but enough pigmented where I don’t look like I am wearing foundation. Here are some lip products that I have been wearing and loving recently. Check out some of the lip products that I just cannot get enough of:
- 1. Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss – I was playing around with these in Nordstrom and ended up buying one of these in ‘Modern’ which is a shimmery beige/nude. I love how this formula feels on the lips (Angelina Jolie is rumored to wear these) and I found this to be a perfect nude. Did I mention that its made with Green tea and has plumping effects. I am pretty obsessed with this.
- 2. Chantecalle Lip Chic – I couldnt help but buy this after I swatched it. This lipstick is almost like a lip balm consistency. The color is more sheer, but I absolutely love it.
- 3. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Quench Lip Rescue – It is still super cold here in Chicago so lip balms are a must at all times, lets be real, lip balms are a must always not only in cold weather. Sometimes you want something more than just Carmex or Blistex and this lip rescue is it. The packaging is gorgeous and it really feels and looks like a lip balm, I got this in ‘Nude’ but to be honest it looks more like a sheer pink on my lips, either way I keep this in my purse and use it every day.
- 4. Infallible Pro Matte Gloss – I was really late to the matte lip product game, mostly because I didn’t think it looked good and a lot of formulas can be patchy. The Infallible product line is a great line to introduce yourself to some good matte products including this matte gloss. Super creamy, build-able and feels like you’re not wearing anything on your lips.
- 7. NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick (in Baby Doll) – Similar to infallible, but more matte and weightless. These come in so many colors and are a super affordable way to introduce yourself to something a bit more matte. My suggestion would be to exfoliate and moisturize your lips really well before putting on any matte products, and maybe use a matte primer slash matte lip treatment like this one from Glam Glow, it will ensure smooth application and last much longer if you just take a few extra steps to prep!
I love nude and neutral tones and always try to find new products in those color tones.
What are your favorite nude lip products? What are your favorite tricks to matte application?