My skin hasn’t been in the best shape in the last few years. I have tried so many products and changed up my routine so much, but nothing worked so I recently had to take it back to the basics. For me that meant three things, washing my face after work, changing up my skincare routine, and not touching my face during the day. Washing my face after work regularly has made a huge impact on my face, my skin is clearer, more even toned, and has a natural glow to it.
Since changing my habits, I have definitely seen a slow but progressive change in my skin. My favorite part of my ‘back to basics’ routine has been trying out new-blogger-recommended cleansers and finding what works for me. Of course, there is a lot more to keeping your skin clear and glowing, including eating a healthy diet and drinking lots of water, but I wanted to just start with the cleansers for today’s post.
Here are some of my favorite cleansers and some new finds that have made their way into my daily routine:
- Philosophy – Purity Made Simple – I know this has been a cult favorite for a while, but I only found this face wash in the last two years or so this has really become my default face wash. It is very light so you can use it on sensitive skin it washes off fast and it takes off the most stubborn makeup. This face wash is so gentle that it can even be used around the eye area, and considering that I wear lots of mascara, this is a must. This cleanser is made with natural oils and extracts so it leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped because it tones and lightly hydrates the skin while cleansing. Did I mention the smell is so fresh? I really love it.
- Tatcha Polished Classics Rice Enzyme Powder – I though the cleansing oil was amazing, this is also up there. I have been buying more and more Japanese influenced products and this one (and of course the Pure One Step Cammila Cleansing Oil see my post on it here) happens to be one of my favorites. I use this one as directed by itself to exfoliate my skin, but I also love mixing this with the Tatcha Cleansing Oil, or my other face washes that are a bit more mild like the Philosophy cleanser. This powder is rumored to be a part of the Geisha’s routines for pure skin. The Enzyme Powder and Papaya extracts are amazing ingredients that help with dullness and breakouts. I use this 3-5 times a week and haven used a different scrub in a few months now.
- Nude Skincare Cleansing Oil – This, to me is very similar to Tatcha’s cleansing oil, but not as fancy. This oil has Sunflower Seed Oil, as well as Orange Extract which not only smells good but soothes and calms the skin. Annatto Seed Extract is the perfect protector against pollution and Great Burdock Root is good for combination skin, like mine because it will both moisturize and neutralize oily areas. This is also a bit cheaper than Tatcha which is nice.
- Glossier Milky Jelly – I really wanted to try the Glossier Phase 1 Set so my boyfriend got it for me for Christmas (yea, he’s the best) and I have loved every product in it, especially this cleanser. Its pH balanced and is formulated with the same cleaning agents in contact lens solution, which is perfect for me or anyone who wears contacts. I never worry about accidentally getting this product in my eyes, as I try to scrub my mascara off and I know my skin will be super hydrated after using it.
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser – I have been seeing more and more people swear by this face wash and I see why its really good for any type of skin not just sensitive skin. I use this when I have bad break outs and I am using a lot of drying spot treatments on my face, this cleanser makes sure that my skin barriers stay protected while doing an awesome job at cleansing my face. My routine is to use CeraVe and then to use Glossier Milky Jelly to make sure my face is properly cleaned and hydrated.
What are your favorite cleansers?
Try the Glossier product above with a 20% Off discount and treat yourself: Glossier 20% Off